Monday, February 26, 2007

praying for the impossible

There are so many things going on right now that I cannot figure out in my head. I want to do this. I want to do that. I wish this would happen. I hope I can go here. I wonder if "x" will come about. I pray for "y".

What this all boils down to is the fact that even though I cannot see how things will work out, I know who does. In fact, I am in love with the One who will work them out. I want to see the impossible become reality. I want to experience things that could never happen apart from divine intervention. Now, I realize that God has his hand in everything, but I truly don't even know where to start.

I want to see opportunity come my way from out of the blue. I want to see a life changed when I thought it was doomed. I want doors to fly open and doors to slam shut. I want a one track mind that is focused on One love. I want to soak up everything along the way. I want to see the future, but don't want to be blinded to the present. I want to please One. I want to stand upon the promises of Scripture and step out. I want to be brought low in humility and rebuilt in wisdom. I want to leave comfort. I want to be steadfast. I want to be patient. I want others to see Christ in the way I walk. I want to be salt and light even before I open my mouth.

I don't want to shy away from risk. I don't want to take my next breath without a thankful heart. I don't want to keep my mouth shut. I don't want to regret. I don't want to put forth less than I should have. I don't want to be famous. I dont want my pride to be fueled. I don't want to reject a compliment. I don't want to be passive. I don't want to forget the past. I don't want to dwell on the past. I don't want to be unlovely. I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to see the wicked prevail. I don't want to see the weak taken advantage of. I don't want to be sheltered. I don't want to be stagnant.

I want to see the kingdom come. I want to leave evil behind. I don't want to see pain or suffering. I don't want to hear stories about gangs murdering children. I want to live for Christ today. I want to hope for tomorrow. I don't want to see AIDS destroy the innocent. I don't want to see the impoverish.

I am here in this sinful world but a citizen of another. I do not want to escape this world now. I want the love of Christ to impact the present. I want eternal peace to come. I know this will not happen until all have heard. Until then, what I want is to see more colors, more faces; to hear more languages, and more dialects praising the King of the universe.

The King is witholding his wrath so that more may come. However, when He does come, what a dreadful day it will be for the wicked. Justice will prevail. God will fulfill His promise. What was impossible will be horribly real. No longer will they blaspheme. No longer will they laugh.

Know that God's law is being broken and He will not forgive the wicked apart from Christ. There will be a time when it is too late. We cannot convince ourselves that Elohim and impossibility can coexist. It is impossible for me to be perfect, but Christ impossibly imposed his perfection upon me. I guess there really isn't anything impossible with God.

Maybe I am really just praying for the possible

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gray

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home