Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sweetly broken


O my heart aches. How wonderful to be in this place. I have nothing to give but my will. At the cross I can only cling. Days come when I foolishly believe that all is well. Days like today that bring to the surface what pain has been masked. Yet, this is too sweet to be sorrowful. I have too much joy to be brought to dispair. Such a tender voice whispers into my heart. Such a Savior I have.

I have come to believe that my heart belongs in brokenness. This brokenness is my necessary condition as I encounter this life. It is because I cry for the lost that I continue to pray for them. It is because I cannot find hatred in my heart that I find my anger to be just. It is because I weep the continuous crucifixion of God's blessing that I find that my heart is growing in truth. It is because of my unrest when I neglect the lover of my soul that His Word heals my wounds and gives solace to my waning strength.

I welcome this brokenness because it is the only thing that grows me. I am undeserving of such a blessing, but welcome it with open arms. I dare not wish away the presence of the Living God. He is my portion. He is my strength. I can serve no other.

O God, You are so good! My heart was made for Thee! Let me live in Thy strength. Unveil my heart to see Thy ever-present work. Break me each day that I may grieve as Thou dost for the lost; that I learn only then to minister as Thy servant. Keep me in this place. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered"

Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly broken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home