Saturday, March 03, 2007

weekend update


Well, it is smack dab in the middle of the weekend. First off, I want to point out that time warped this past week. I checked the date one day and it was February 26th. One day later it was March 2. I almost freaked out. Anyway, some cool things have happened so far this weekend and the rest is looking pretty good as well.

#1 The blog about praying for what seemed impossible to become reality...well that happened last night. I went to the night club to pray for the people there with a buddy of mine and we ended up leaving a man with a Bible and a broken heart regarding his sinful ways. There were tears of sorrow and heartful repentence. What is so impossible about the situation? This guy has been a drunk for 14 years. This man was drunk when we met him. The Lord gave him clarity of speech and thought while we spoke with him despite his intoxication. Praise be to God for the work He did. I was so blind that I didn't even see what was happening until it was all over. My friend and I were blessed to be used as His instruments.

#2 Derek Webb is coming to Moody tomorrow for both a Q & A and a concert. It should be good to hear his views on current topics as he is a proponent Christ affecting society both here and across the world. I am excited to hear what his views are and to be challenged to think in new ways.

#3 I have the privilege of reading the Bible for my class assignments. What a blessing to enjoy what you read. What a blessing to be changed by what you study. Even though there is a lot to do, I am confident that the diligence of reading God's Word is effecting my entire being.

We shall see how the rest of the weekend pans out. This next week is the last week before spring break. Here at this fine institution we get two weeks for spring break. But, between now and next Friday I have much to do. I'd better get going and do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home