Monday, April 16, 2007

Mission Journal Day 8



We woke up early today. Well, Tim, Laura, Jason, Jon, and I all did. We ate breakfast and then headed to a hotel in Hoi Ping to meet up with some students from Hong Kong to go help with english at another school. I was surprised that most of them knew 3 to 4 languages and english was not their first. We traveled by mini-bus to Chek Hum.

It was here that we were once again paraded in front of the class. This time the students were junior high age. The Hong Kong students were in charge because they know Cantonese. We played games first and then Laura and I were put in charge of telling them about Christmas.

Peter translated, but I really didn't know what was appropriate to tell. I basically shared the entire gospel message, but of course, my words were filtered through Peter. After being at the school for a while, we went to Peter's church. We went on the rooftop where we played a name game with the HK students. For lunch we went to a little restaurant and had traditional Chinese. After the meal, we went to a man and woman's house to visit. The man was blind but sang a beautiful song to us.

From there we went to the Witzig's house where we had some worship through song and prayer. Craig and Roxie shared their whole story of how they arrived in Hoi Ping. We had a nice meal of chili and then were off to the college age/career fellowship. I was to share some words as well as Mika. I was a little nervous, but the Lord was faithful and prepared my heart before I spoke. After we both shared, all the people split into small groups to share common experiences. I was blown away at the testimony of these Chinese believer's faith. They know exactly what they are giving up when they forego the traditions of their families.

I came back to the hotel very achy and tired. I thought I was getting sick so I drank more airborne and had two cups of oolong tea. Then, I hit it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home