Monday, April 16, 2007

Mission Journal Day 10



We woke up early on Sunday...i mean late because our church didn't start until 12. I ate tons of food at breakfast, mostly fruit and vitamins because I was feeling better and I wanted to boost the immune system. We took taxis to the church and listened to Cantonese for two hours while Doug and the Hong Kong student Mikala translated for us. After the service, we went upstairs to the teenage fellowship. The Hong Kong students did their skits, Drew and Marla shared, and our team sang two songs.

Our first was How Great is Our God by Chris Tomlin and the second was Give Thanks. We sang Give Thanks once in English and then in Chinese because most of the students knew it. The song was so powerful when we sang together. After the fellowship, I talked with some of the students in their broken English. But, I had some nice talks. We went to Doug and Jen's house for pizza and watched Mulan.

Doug and I went to get the pizzas and I got a Chinese flag at one of the stores. We had a nice talk as we drove to the pizza place (Pizza King). After Mulan, Drew, Marla, and I went over to Craig and Roxies for game night with Peter, Jane, and Peter's little cousin Bun Bun. We had a really nice time just talking. Peter shared some more of his struggles as a pastor and I learned more about Chinese life from Jane. I must say, I enjoyed talking with both of them. Doug came around 9:30 and we went back to the hotel to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home