Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Life as I know it


Well, it's almost lunchtime here in Chicago at the Moody Bible Institute and I don't feel like writing something real deep. So, I will just write a but of quirkiness that have indulged in over the past few weeks.

#1 I am taking a class through the distance learning program here at Moody even though I live on campus. I had to read a biography on a missionary for this class and so I read a book about Maralyn Lazlo and her incredible ministry in Papua New Guinea. I finished the book both excited at the story as well as my successful completion of the book. I double checked the syllabus to see what I had to write about in response to the book. I found that I was supposed to read a book on a dead missionary. Oops

So I got a second book on Bill Borden. I read about half the book (which was amazing) and realized that this guy hardly went overseas. I am not taking away from his ministry here in the states, but the second criteria for this book report was that the missionary had to go overseas. Crap. 2nd book is a no go.

I just finished a third book that fully meets the requirements. Huzzah! I am surprisingly not upset that I read the other books because I learned a lot.

#2 I am currently listening to the band Eisley which has become one of my favorites since summer '06. I had an illegal copy of their cd and got rid of it. I recently bought the legit copy and have been basking in the beauty of its melody.

Along with this cd, I bought a new VHS copy of the buttercream gang. I had watched this movie about 100 times as a young lad until it broke. So, I went on amazon and purchased a $.35 copy of this mormon-made movie and watched it with my buddy landon. This was definitely a highlight of my semester.

Concluding my online shopping stories is a tale of complete randomness. I was in the library reading and a song from the blue merle shuffled from my ipod into my ears. I decided to buy the whole album at that point. I found it on amazon for $3. It was autographed as well. My next thought was, "Gee, I don't have enough rap" So, I bought nelly's cd entitled sweat for $1. I need to quit doing that kind of stuff. However. I have spent less than $20 in the past two weeks on this type of stuff so I am still in control.

#3 The last story I shall tell is from last night. We had a late night breakfast in the dining room here at the moodster and my friends and I were like 20th in line. The doors opened and we went into the servery. I must have lost my mind because I turned a corner, got lost momentarily, gathered my bearings, and stepped into the line. In a matter of ten seconds, I was stuck so far back in line that it took 40 minutes for me to get my custom-made omlet. The better question is why there was only one guy making those omlets.

I finally got my food and wanted some chocolate milk. I apparently haven't made chocolate milk in years because I actually put so much chocolate in the milk that the chocolate absorbed the milk. I was left with a cup of syrup. I used this concentrated glop to make roughly 36 oz of regular chocolate milk. Makes me wonder if I went a little loopy in the omlet line.

Anyway, school is almost over. I have two more finals and then I move into a condo up north a bit so I can stay here and work for a few weeks. Then, it is off to Miracle Camp - the camp of kings so to speak. I am p-umped to the dizzle. Alright my brain is fried. You may be able to tell by my horrible grammar and/or spelling.


PS - this picture is of my boys and I on culby 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home