Friday, May 04, 2007

Quotable



"Say 'No' to self, 'Yes' to Jesus every time. A steep road - hard work? But every man on this road has One who walks with him in lock-step; His presence overtops everything that has been cut out...

In every man's heart there is a throne and a cross. If Christ is on the throne, self is on the cross; and if self, even a little bit, is on the throne, Jesus is on the cross in that man's heart...

If Jesus is on the throne, you will go where He wants you to go. Jesus on the throne glorifies any work or spot...

If you are thirsty, and He is enthroned, drink. Drinking, the simplest act there is, means taking. 'He that believeth on Me, out of him shall flow rivers of living water. This spake He of the Spirit.'

To 'believe' is to know, because of His word. How shall I know that I have power to meet temptation, to witness for Him? Believe His word: It will come.

Lord Jesus, I take hands off, as far as my life is concerned. I put Thee on the throne in my heart. Change, cleanse, use me as Thou shalt choose. I take the full power of Thy Holy Spirit. I thank Thee.

I may never know a tithe of the result until Morning."

Bill Borden - Early 1900's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home